The deadline for lodging your income tax return is the 31st of October every year.
Investment Property Tax Returns
Maximise Your Investment Property Tax Returns
As your local investment property tax return agents, we believe strongly in business-to-client relationships. Our experience and training allow us to get the best outcomes for all your accounting and taxation requirements.
Do you have an inquiry or want to talk to a professional regarding investment property tax returns?
Our accountants at Tax Delivery fight hard to guarantee that you as a client are informed of what you can claim in your investment property tax return to maximise your tax refund or minimise your tax payable.
Choose the appointment that works for you
Up to 1h consultation over the phone
$185 (Inc. GST)
Up to 1h consultation in our office
$195 (Inc. GST)
Up to 1h consultation at your property
$220 (Inc. GST)
Vehicle Logbook – $35
Capital Gain – $45
Fee From Refund Service – $25
* More complex circumstances than normal could result in a price increase. The price will be confirmed at the appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Owning a rental property allows you to take advantage of some significant tax benefits.
- Your rental property is ‘positively geared’ if your deductible expenses are less than the income you earn from the property – that is, you make a profit from your property.
- Your rental property is said to be ‘negatively geared’ if your deductible expenses are more than the income you earn from the property.
The overall tax result of a negatively geared property is a net rental loss. In this case, you can claim a deduction for the full amount of your net rental loss against your other sources of income – such as salary, centrelink income, bank interest, or business income – when you complete your tax return.
Many, but not all, of the expenses associated with rental properties, will be deductible. That is why it is important to review your rental property claims with your trusted accountant. Expenses you may be entitled to claim an immediate deduction for in the income year you incur them include:
- Advertising for tenants
- Body corporate fees and charges
- Council rates
- Water charges
- Land tax
- Gardening and lawn mowing
- Pest control
- Insurance (building, contents, public liability)
- Interest expenses
- Property agent’s fees and commission
- Repairs and maintenance (but not an improvement)
- Some legal expenses.
There are many advantages to lodge your investment property tax return with a professional tax agent. These involve:
- Registered Tax Agents like Tax Delivery deal with Rental Property tax returns every day and pick up on anything you may otherwise have missed. Withholding information from your tax return, unintentional or not, can have unwanted and severe outcomes.
- Utilising a registered tax agent takes the pressure away from individual tax returns.
- The lodgement due date for your tax return is increased from the 31st of October to the 15th of May in the subsequent year.
- Your accountant will advise your current tax status and suggest various ways to properly invest your money to lower your taxation accountability.
Lodging your tax return with Tax Delivery is not the end of our support with you as a tax agent. We are also ready throughout the year to help you with general support regarding taxation matters that may transpire.