Taxation & Accounting Services 

Departing Australia Superannuation Payments

Get Your superannuation payment

Effective superannuation solutions

Are you a temporary visa holder in Australia?
Did you know that you can apply to have you’re super paid to you as a Departing Australia Superannuation Payment ( DASP) after leaving?

However, things can be a bit tricky after you leave the country. Do not worry, pass it to us and we will look after the rest for you.

Here are some of our advice :

  • Different Super Funds may require different information when applying for DASP. Check with your super fund to confirm what documents are needed.
  • Your Superfund may require certified documents for your DASP application. We suggest you have your documents certified before leaving Australia. It is much easier to do so while you are still in Australia.
  • Before submitting your DASP application, check with your employers to confirm they have paid all the super they are required to.
  • Do not close your Australian Bank account before you leave the country. You can always close it once back home.


Frequently Asked Questions

Temporary or transient residents who work in Australia and possess super contributions funded by their employer are qualified to withdraw their super benefits once they depart Australia. This payment is titled a Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP)

  • You gained super while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa.
  • Your visa is no longer in effect (e.g., expired or cancelled)
    You have departed Australia, and you do not hold any valid Australian visa.
  • You are NOT an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.

You can read more about DASP here

  • Australian citizens
  • Permanent Australian residents
  • New Zealand citizens
  • Investor Retirement visa holders
  • Retirement visa holders

If you are in one of the preceding categories, you have the liberty to retire in Australia, so you cannot claim a DASP. Nevertheless, if you are a New Zealand citizen departing Australia permanently, you may be capable of transferring your super to a KiwiSaver account in New Zealand.